I’m thrilled to be guest designing for Pinkfresh, especially as I’m using the beautiful Days of Splendor collection. I have long been a fan of Pinkfresh mainly because the designs appeal to me so much with their modern lines & colour combinations not found in other collections.
I live in the South West of England with my hubby & our crazy dog Rosie. Both of our daughters are now grown up now & have families of their own... I love being a grandma!
I’ve always loved crafting, art, painting, drawing since I can remember. I went to Art College directly from school but took a break from my career to raise my two daughters. I then worked as a studio manager for Yellow Pages for many years.
When my first grandson was due I was on holiday in America & caught sight of the scrapbooking aisle in Michaels. It stopped me in my tracks & immediately I knew that I would start to document his life with scrapbooking! I have 3 grandsons now & all of them have a detailed pictorial record of their lives since day one.
I have been lucky enough to be on the American Crafts Design Team & have contributed to many scrapbook publications here in the UK.
I am now a very happy member of Hey Little Magpie’s design team, it’s probably the best online craft store in England! My style is mainly clean & simple but I’m beginning to experiment occasionally with a little mixed media.
I will always scrapbook, it’s a big part of my life. I just need a bigger house to store all my albums!
- I started by adding some green & blue paint using the ‘packaging’ technique onto a white base card.
- Then I tore 3 different papers to make a triangle on the left of the page - I used Grateful Heart, Moments That Matter & Fall In Love.
- I tucked a corner of my photo into one of the Journalling Bits & placed it at the apex of the triangle.
- I added a tag behind it, plus a piece cut from the Totally Splendid paper & added thread for the tags.
- Then I added a selection of die cuts from the Floral Ephemera pack along the line of the triangle & on the right of the photo. I used foam stickers to raise some of the ephemera.
- I added a journalling tag below the photo, some Puffy Stickers & Cardsock Stickers.
- I used the Puffy Alphabet Stickers to add my title across the top of the large tag.
- A few more Word Stickers, Chipboard Flair & Puffy Stickers placed among the Floral Ephemera finished off the layout.
Here are a few closer views of this layout:
- The layout started with the Like A Dream paper as the base.
- I added my photo to a frame from the Stitched Elements.
- I glued that to a second Stitched Elements piece which I trimmed. I let the word tag overlap the photo.
- The framed photo was glued in the lower right corner of the base.
- There’s lots of the lovely Ephemera to embellish the photo, there are so many that suited the Bedtime subject of the layout!
- The journalling tag was tucked behind the ephemera.
- I fussy cut some pink buds to place along the top of the journalling tag.
- I cut a circle in half from the My Favourite paper, embellished it with a Chipboard Flair & a Puffy Sticker.
- That was placed to the right of the photo with a Floral ephemera piece under the corner of the photo.
- I placed a puffy sticker at the top right of the photo with a Fabric Bow above it.
- Then I made my title using the Mini Alphabet Stickers & the Puffy Alpha Stickers together.
- A placed some Enamel dots here & there.
- Then I drew a frame around the page to finish the layout.
Here is a closer look at this second layout:
- I began by trimming the frame from a sheet of Oh So Delightful paper & adding a piece of blue/green cardstock to it.
- I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the file large enough to fit right across the page.
- To backfill it I chose I chose the leafy pattern of the Simply Magical paper for the letters & for the leaves I used other side. I though the ombré effect would look good behind the leaves. Pale pastel colours from various papers were used for the hearts.
- Once the cut file was in position I added the photo above it, which I had layered onto white cardstock & the Moments That Matter paper.
- The layout didn’t need too much else as the photo & cut file took up a lot of the space, so I simply added small die cut flower groups & Puffy Stickers.
- I added a cluster of ephemera to the top right corner & a journalling tag at the top left corner of the photo.
- The Mini Puffy Alpha made up the secondary part of the title, plus a few enamel dots & tiny flowers added the finishing touches.
And here is few close ups of this final layout:
Thanks for stopping by today - and thanks Giselle for being our guest!