FREE U.S. shipping on orders over $100. Select Free Shipping option for qualified orders during checking out

Be Inspired

Layered Florals | Caly Person

Layered Florals | Caly Person

Hi, Friends!

This is Caly and I'm sharing two floral cards that are created with dimension with layered stamps and die-cut images.

My first card features the Folk Hummingbird stamp and die set.  I stamped and embossed my two floral images using gold embossing powder.  Then I colored them with Copic markers ([RV10, RV83, R85, R56], [G12, G05, G19], [G21, G46]).

To create my background, I ink-blended Tattered Rose Distress Oxide Ink in the center, and Seedless Preserves around a blank white card panel.  After ink-blending, I sprayed the panel with water, then splattered it with Seedless Preserves.  To give my panel a fresh cut, I used the Essentials Stitched Rectangles to cut my panel down, giving my card base a 1/8" mat.

The sentiment is stamped and embossed in white, then the floral images are attached using foam adhesive to give extra dimension.  To finish, I adorned the card with some purple Jewels.

My second card features the Lovely Blossoms stamp and die set.  I started this time, by ink-blending my panel first with the same colors as in the card above (Tattered Rose and Seedless Preserves).  This time, I blended a gradient from the top down instead of from outside in.  

After ink-blending, I splattered with watered-down Seedless Preserves. It dries almost instantly so I was able to begin my stamping almost right away.  I stamped the foliage directly on my card panel in several shades of green.  Then for the flowers, I stamped them on separate cardstock to die-cut them.  Some of them die-cut with the intended stems in place, so I trimmed those off for my purpose today.  Before attaching anything, I die-cut my panel with the same Essentials Stitched Rectangles die.

I added my florals on my card using foam adhesive to help them pop out of the filed of foliage that I created.  Then I used the new Kelly Alpha - Lower Case dies to die-cut the word "hi."  I added foam adhesive where I could behind the letters, then attached them to my card.  Once again, as a final touch, I added some purple Jewels to complete my card set for today.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed these cards!

Blog Signature

Leave a comment