Hi everyone, Jenny here! This is my first time here on the blog as a new DT member and I couldn't be more thrilled - someone pinch me! Kinnari, Heather, Lea and all of the DT have been amazing in welcoming me, and I hope my first card project inspires you. I'm focusing on one of my favorite card styles - shaker cards. I love choosing my shaker bits first, and then letting the colors inspire the card.
My main card uses the Merry and Bright Frame stamp set and co-ordinating dies from the September 2020 release. This set has gorgeous holiday sentiments and outline images that can be filled in with co-ordinating stamps or colored in as you wish. I decided to color my images.
I stamped each of the bird images once, and the floral image five times in Copic safe black ink - I wasn't sure how many I was going to use on the card, so thought it would be better to have more than I need. I colored the images in soft pinks, greens and blues, adding touches of gold gel pen in the centre and on the berries. Once colored, I die cut them out with the co-ordinating dies. Here are the colors I used:
I set my images to one side, then got heat embossing! I heat embossed the 'Merry & Bright' sentiment onto vellum, and the frame stamp onto white cardstock, using pale gold embossing powder. I die cut both of them out, and also die cut the frame three more times, adhering them all together to create a sturdier frame.
I added acetate to the back of my frame with liquid glue and a double layer of thin foam strips, making sure they went all they way around without any gaps, then set to one side.
For my background, I used the smaller stamps from set (the candy cane and the mistletoe branch), and stamped them at random in a light gray ink on white cardstock. Here's a tip - to add my sequins mix, I poured them onto the centre of the background panel, then placed my oval frame over the top to adhere it and capture all sequins in the oval.
I adhered my die cuts to the frame using foam tape, added some clear Wink of Stella to the flowers, and Glossy Accents to the berries for dimension. The vellum sentiment was adhered with clear foam adhesive. I also added a few of the matching sequins then popped it onto a white notecard.
I still had a flower die cut left over so I decided to make a quick and simple bonus card! I grabbed some of the Copies I'd used before and scribbled them onto a scrap of white cardstock, blending them in stripes. I then stamped the 'Joy to the World' sentiment in embossing ink and heat embossed in the same pale gold embossing powder, then die cut it out. It leaves a fun rainbow out line around the sentiment.
I created the background by stamping the Merry Little Christmas background stamp (taking out the central sentiment) in pale gray ink again, then popped the Joy to the World sentiment in the centre with foam tape, as well as my last floral stamp. A few sequins finished the card - super quick!
Don't forget to check out all the other amazing inspiration from the rest of the DT for this latest release - I'll be back very soon with more projects showcasing these fun products.
Have a wonderful day!