It's Erica back on the blog with a couple of cards using the English Garden layering stencils. One of them ended up with a mishap, but I think it's important to show those too, and how to fix them.
I have used the same supplies for both cards, only different shades of the colours, and finished with different colours of embossing powders. Oh, and one has bling on it and the other doesn´t.
The main star of the show are the English Garden layering stencils, and I've also used the coordinating stamps and diecuts. The colour scheme is green and pink, just in different shades. On the first one, I went in with Ballet Slipper for the flowers and Fresh Pear for the leaves.
There is also a little bit of yellow that was leftover on one of the blender brushes, just for a softening of the green. To keep that look soft I heat embossed the outline stamp in white and then cut them out using the coordinating diecut.
On the second panel I used Grassy Knoll for the leaves, and Sparkling Rose for the flowers. This gave a much more intense look, so I decided to heat emboss the outline stamp with gold, before cutting these out.
With all the pieces done, I got the Inverted Diamond stencil out and ink blended a bit of Fresh Pear over two pieces of card stock. One was done with a soft hand, for a light touch of the colour, and the other one was done with lots of ink for a more intense look. On this one I also used that brush with the yellow ink on it too, but again, only what was left on the brush.
These are both trimmed down to 5.25¨x4¨, and one was adhered directly to a card base to keep it sort of flat. The other was adhered with foam tape, and this is where the mistake was made, as I forgot all about a sentiment.
I should have stamped it before adding the foam tape to the back, because I could not get it to stamp no matter what I did after it was adhered. I ended up having to fill it in with a TomBow brush marker, and it's not overly noticeable from a distance but I will always know it's there.
On this card I cut the wreath in half and adhered both of them to the opposite corners, and added some of the other flower clusters on top, to fill in the empty space.
To give the second card a bit of dimension and life, I cut out two more of the wreaths using the coordinating die, and layered these up with the actual ink blended wreath. I also added another few of the flower clusters to this to bulk it up a little.
I realised the stamping issue for this one, so I stamped up the sentiment with the help of my MISTI and made sure it was nice and solid, before adhering the flower wreath. The one I picked is from the Sweet Friend Florals stamp set.
A few, or many, depending on your outlook on bling, of the Glacier jewels were added too. I love these, they go with everything.
With that, I'm done for today. I hope you enjoy them and found some inspiration here. Lots of love and happy crafting from Erica
Beautiful cards. I’ll be making something similar.
Pink and green! Love it!
We are renovating and all my cardmaking items are packed up, probably for a few more months. However, I just wanted to look at some pretty cards, so of course I had to come to pink fresh’s blog! And your cards caught my eye! They are so so pretty! I love the faded background, and the soft ink blending! Paired with the lovely perfectly blended floral arrangements! I feel like getting out my card making and surrounded by drywall dust and power tools to try and recreate this look. But I think my husband would call me out on my addiction!!
These are just lovely, Erica! I love the embossing with white. I would NEVER have spotted the “error” if you had not pointed it out. Still, your honesty speaks volumes about your character. It was barely noticeable even once I knew to look for it. TFS -
Lori S in PA
Leave a comment